About this course
Series: Stand-alone courses
How can we bring God’s Word from the ancient Biblical world to our modern world as God intended? Contemporary application must be anchored to the text, but also articulated in such a way that is immediately relevant to our lives. Hermeneutics is a process that helps Christians to do this. Watch this series if you would like to learn how to interpret Scripture in light of the larger Meta-Narrative, the Big Story of the Bible.
Scot Keen has been teaching the Bible for over 20 years. He teaches at Ethnos360 Bible Institute where he also serves as the Academic Dean of Online Education. Scot earned his Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and Doctor of Ministry from Dallas Theological Seminary. He and his wife April have three kids.
What you will learn
- How to interpret God's Word in light of the whole story
- Developing a Biblical theology
- A hermeneutic process, which considers different facets of a particular text, such as the historical and cultural context, literary context and original application
- Story arrangement when looking at the Bible
- How we can find our place in the Biblical story